Our Google Drive was hacked and partially deleted the end of May. Please use the links on our DOWNLOADS page to locate our materials as the links are currently incorrect.
Year 1 – Quarter 1
- Bible Focus: “Creation” to “Abraham and Isaac”
- Nature Focus: Trees
Materials to gather (you can print or download SEM materials, others you need to purchase):
- Family Bible Lesson Book Year 1/Quarter 1 (helps the parent with learning the story so they can retell it more easily)
- Little Children’s Lessons – Gives more ideas on how to bring the lesson down to the child’s level. Useful for ages 0-3.
- FBL Memory Verse Song book
- A Tree field guide. Find one for trees in your local area. Check out different ones. You will see that some have real pictures, others have paintings, some give more details, some are better organized than others. Find one you like; you are more likely to use it!
- Creation Days color booklet – for use with FBL Y1Q1
- Lovely As a Tree – for use with FBL Y1Q1
Resources to check out for additional learning opportunities:
- SEM’s Pinterest board on Year 1/Quarter 1
- Video on how trees improve your health
- KROKOTAK Paper Trees Activity
- LEAF Tree Identification Cards
- Gospel According to a Tree
- Usborne Trees Sticker Book
- Safari Ltd. Trees TOOB
- Golden Field Guides – Trees of North America
- What Tree is That? by the Arbor Day Foundation
- Jenn’s Tree board on Pinterest